Paw Pals Policies
Please give us as much advance notice as possible for your pet care reservations. We will need to coordinate with our sitters on their availability, and we want to make sure our sitters can devote the time needed to your fur-babies. Reservations are best made by email or via the service request form on our website. Please note: Your reservation is not considered confirmed until Paw Pals emails your service schedule/invoice. Your service is not considered confirmed until payment is received.
We understand that emergencies and last minute plans arise, and we will do everything we can to accommodate short notice requests. Contingent upon sitter availability, the following surcharges will apply. Please note: Visit requests made after the close of business hours will be considered received as of the next business day. Payment is due upon receipt of reservation confirmation. (See Payment section)
- Individual Visits: Any visit requested with less than 2 business days’ notice will incur a $10 surcharge. Any visit requested the same day will incur a $25 surcharge.
- Vacation Services: Any series of visits requested with less than 4 business days’ notice will incur a $10 per visit surcharge.
- Bed & Biscuit / Overnight Services: Any requests made with less than 8 business days’ notice will incur a $25 per night booking surcharge on the overnight portion. Any requests made with less than 4 business days’ notice will incur a $50 per night booking surcharge on the overnight portion
- Meet & Greet: If you are a new client needing a last minute booking, a Meet & Greet must happen prior to service. Any M&G requested with less than 5 business days’ notice prior to the first date of requested service(s) will incur a $10 surcharge. Any M&G requested the same day will incur a $35 surcharge.
Payment is due prior to services starting. Please note: Your service is not considered confirmed until payment is received.
- Monthly Mid-day Walk Services: Payment is due by the 1st of the month. A 15% late payment fee for the entire monthly service will be added if payment is not received by the 6th of the month
- Vacation Services: Payment is due 2 weeks prior to the first date of service, or within 24 hours of booking if it is less than 2 weeks prior to the first date of service. Payment not made within this window will incur a 20% late payment fee for the entire set of visits, with a minimum charge of $25.
- Overnight / Bed & Biscuit Services: Payment is due 4 weeks prior to the first date of service, or within 48 hours of booking if it is less than 4 weeks prior to the first date of service. Payment not made within this window will incur a 20% late payment fee for the entire set of visits, with a minimum charge of $25.
We are reserving your walker/sitters’ time when you book visits with us, and therefore require advance notice of any cancellations so that we are able to adjust sitters’ schedules for other clients accordingly.
- Mid-day dog walks
- By end of business day prior to the date of service: no charge (full credit or refund)
- By 9 AM on the day of service: 50% charge (50% credit or refund)
- Pet Sitting visits
- Less than 2 business days prior to start of service: no refund or credit.
- Between 2-4 business days prior to start of service: 50% of total service is charged (50% refund or credit).
- More than 5 business days prior to start of service: No charge (full refund or credit).
- Overnights and Bed and Biscuit Services – Due to the exclusive nature of these services and that sitters are committing their overnight availability, the following schedule applies:
- Less than 5 business days prior to start of service (less than 2 weeks for Holiday periods as defined on our website): no refund.
- Less than 2 weeks prior to start of service (less than 3 weeks for Holiday periods as defined on our website): 75% of total service is charged (25% refund).
- Less than 3 weeks prior to start of service (less than 4 weeks for Holiday periods as defined on our website): 50% of total service is charged (50% refund).
- More than 3 weeks prior to start of service (more than 4 weeks for Holiday periods as defined on our website): No charge (full refund).
For the purposes of this agreement, the terms Client, Owner, Pet Owner, and Customer are synonymous with the person contracting services for one or more domestic animals.
- A signed Paw Pals Pet Sitting Service Agreement must be provided to Paw Pals Pet Sitting before service is provided for any period.
- Reservations are not held until payment in full is received by Paw Pals Pet Sitting, or unless special arrangements are agreed upon by both parties in writing.
- There will be a $35 service charge for each returned check.
- Reservations are made to plan sitter availability to clients. Therefore, clients returning home early will be required to pay for the reserved amount of time scheduled. Clients will not have to pay for any additionally scheduled special services not performed.
- Pet Owner must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of Pet Sitters, Kennels, and Veterinary Clinics. The Pet Sitter cannot service a home with “visiting” pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of Paw Pals Service Agreement forms accepted and signed by each rightful owner(s).
- Paw Pals Pet Sitting reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. We are obligated to report any cases of neglect if there is even the slightest indication of animal abuse – lack of food/water, limited and filthy space, harsh training, etc.
- Paw Pals Pet Sitting may use their discretion to stop and end service at any time that a pet poses a danger to the safety or health of itself, other pets, other people, or the Pet Sitter. If concerns prevent the Pet Sitter from continuing care for a pet, the Owner authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel, or previously arranged locale if possible. All subsequent charges, including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability, are to be the responsibility of the Owner.
- Paw Pals Pet Sitting does not allow any dogs to be off leash under our care unless they are in a secure fenced yard. Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing the house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. Paw Pals Pet Sitting will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will also not be liable for the death, injury, disappearance, or legal consequences of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
- Paw Pals Pet Sitting requires ALL pets to have current rabies vaccinations, and all dogs to be licensed.
- Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit harness (halter, collar, etc…) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed vaccination tags, a non-retractable lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, pet food, and cat litter. Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse Paw Pals Pet Sitting within 14 days for all purchases made. Any payments not made within 14 days will incur a $35 late fee.
- Paw Pals Pet Sitting is authorized to seek any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during visit, at the cost of the client, from any veterinarian as chosen by the sitter. However, Paw Pals Pet Sitters is not responsible for the health/well-being of the animal.
- Paw Pals Pet Sitting is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the Pet Sitter. Paw Pals Pet Sitting agrees to remain insured through Travelers Insurance or a comparable pet sitting liability insurance entity during each service period. Paw Pals Pet Sitting accepts no responsibility for loss to the premises if other individuals have access to a client’s home, or if the home is not properly secured.
- The terms of this document apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
- Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter, or other persons, by the Pet. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Paw Pals Pet Sitting, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
- This Agreement permits Paw Pals Pet Sitting to accept all future telephone, online, mail or email reservations and provide service without additional signed Legal Considerations agreements.
- Paw Pals Pet Sitting agrees to provide agreed upon services in a manner that is trustworthy, caring and dependable. In consideration of the services as an express condition thereof, the client expressly relinquishes any and all claims against Paw Pals Pet Sitting and its employees, except those arising from negligence. Claims of negligence that involve a hired Independent Contractor, hired by Paw Pals Pet Sitters, will be the responsibility of the Independent Contractor. All hired Independent Contractors are required to carry liability insurance with optional coverage or bonding through a reputable company.
- This Agreement is valid from the date signed, and replaces any prior Legal Considerations agreements. Client agrees to any future Paw Pals Pet Sitters term changes relayed verbally to the client, mailed or emailed in writing to the client, or posted on our website under the heading Terms.
- This Agreement may be terminated by either party by giving thirty days written notice to the other party.
- The Owner states that he/she has read this Agreement in its entirety and fully understands and accepts its terms and conditions.