When it comes to our dogs and cats they are more than just a pet they are our family, our companions, and our friends. This week is Pet Appreciation Week and we wanted to give you some ideas on how you can make each day special for your pet.
- Make them a homemade treat. If you have a cat; for instance, make them a fishy treat. It is the love that you put into making the treats that show your pet you care.
- Give your pet extra snuggles and cuddles. Dogs and cats thrive on social interaction so spend the extra time.
- Give your pets a doggy or kitty massage. Animals retain stress just like humans. Giving them a massage not only feels good for them but it gives them an outlet to reduce their stress and anxiety levels.
- This one is for our dog companions: go to the dog park, out for a walk around the block or for a swim in the river. Do what your dog loves best. Whether it is catch, tug of war, or Frisbee cater to their interests.
- This one is for our kitty companions: cats love grass case and point that is why you can buy your own patch of “cat grass”. Get a patch of cat grass for your cat to lie near and graze. This gives your cat the sense of being outdoors even when they are not and can also aid in digestion issues.
- Finally, one of the best things you can do is make sure your pet is healthy. Make sure you pet is up to date on their shots, are licensed properly, and that their collar is secure with the proper tags.
Showing our four legged friends some extra care and attention this week will be monumental for the psyche. We all like to know that we are loved and matter so don’t forget your dog and cat this Pet Appreciation week.