Printable Copies (includes rates)
- Click to Open/Save Paw Pals Services and Rates PDF
- Click to Open/Save Paw Pals Policies and Procedures PDF
Policies and Procedures
- Reservations: All service visit requests are to be made as soon as possible on our website. If a confirmation email is not sent within 24 hours, ALWAYS contact Paw Pals Pet Sitters immediately via e-mail or phone call to make sure your request has been received. Never assume your request has been received if confirmation was not given. For major holidays, requests should be made at least 2 weeks in advance to guarantee sitter availability. Request service on our Contact page.
- Refusal of Service: Paw Pals Pet Sitters reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. We are obligated to report any cases of neglect if there is even the slightest indication of animal abuse – lack of food/water, limited and filthy space, harsh training, etc.
- Off Leash Dogs and Outside Cats: We do not provide care for cats that are allowed to roam free outside while you are away. We also do not allow any dogs to be off leash under our care unless they are in a secure fenced yard.
- Dogs in Crates or Garages: We will not provide care for dogs that are kept outside only, in crates, or in garages.
- Number of visits: We require a minimum of 1 visit every 24 hours for cats, but highly recommend 1 visit every 12 hours. For dogs, we require at least 3 visits per day. This is for the health and safety of your pets.
- Pet vaccinations: We require ALL pets to have current rabies vaccinations and all dogs to be licensed.
- Leashes: In order to keep your pets safe, Paw Pals does NOT use retractable leashes. Please provide a non-retractable leash for your dog(s). Sitters will come with their own non-retractable leashes should one not be available.
- Holiday Fees: A small fee will be added to all holiday visits, which include Federal Holidays, starting at $5.00 a visit. Please see our Holiday Schedule for a complete list.
- Last Minute Requests: We cannot take last minute requests for new clients. Last minute includes service requested within 24 hours. Existing clients may incur an additional $10.00 charge for requests made with 24 hours or less notice, due to schedule adjustment.
- Keys: We require 2 copies of your keys. Keys can either remain with Paw Pals Pet Sitting in a secure location, or be returned after service. There is a $15 fee for key pick-up and drop-off each time. We MUST always have 2 copies during time of service.
- Returning home: All clients must let Paw Pals Pet Sitters know when they have returned home from a trip. Otherwise, for the safety of your pets, we will extend additional visits and they will be charged to your invoice.
- Payments: ALL payments are due before service begins. Visits not paid in advance may be subject to a 10% fee. Any payments not made within 15 days of service will receive a $20.00 late fee.
- Cancellation Charge Schedule: (% applies to entire service period total)
- 0 – 48 hours prior to any service, and/or Holidays: Payment in full is charged (no refunds)
- 2 – 7 days prior to service: 75% of service total is due (equals a 25% refund)
- 8 – 14 days prior to service: 50% of service total is due (equals a 50% refund)
- More than 14 days prior to service or more: No charge, refund in full.
When our pet sitters commit to you, they are unable to take other jobs. Paw Pals Pet Sitting does not keep the non-refunded deposits; they are given to our pet sitters when we are unable to rebook them. Thank you for your understanding.